Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ironman here I come!

On Thursday, March 24 I was able to go to Provo with my mom and listen to Jay Hewett speak. Jay was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 1991 when he was in law school. One of the things that Jay said was to make the worst thing that ever happened to you , the best thing that ever happened to you. After Jay got diabetes he decided that he wasn't going to let it stop him from doing anything that he wanted to do. He started running marathons. Two years later, he competed in his first Ironman triathlon. He made the US team for long distance triathlons and has competed all over the world. He has done 14 Ironman triathlons. An Ironman is a 2.4 mile swim, 122 mile bike ride, and a 26.2 mile run.....all in the same day. Jay doesn't let diabetes hold him back. He is one of the best in the world. You can see his website at http://www.finishlinevision.com/ I'm not going to let diabetes hold me back either. I hope to do a triathlon someday too.

2 comments:

  1. Harrison, your are so smart and so brave. You won't let anything slow you down, I just know it. I love you so much....Grandma Forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a great goal. That is fabulous Amie. I did have a pan that did that and I just let the next pan only raise about 15 minutes from the same batch of dough and didn't have that problem. Good luck. I am sure they tasted good though. Actually the ones I used on the show in the oblong pan were the ones and I just presented them with their saggy bottoms down! That was the first time I had that happen.

    ReplyDelete